Friday, June 13, 2014

I Think I'm Being Punked

If you think three cancelled dates in a row (one of which being a straight up stand up) is the peak of how terrible dating can get, you would be sadly mistaken my friend.

FOUR IN A ROW!

There has to be some sort of laws of statistics that says that the fourth guy after three cancellations will show up for a post work drink, right? Right???

Luckily there's a liquor store conveniently located right next to my T stop and they just get me.


Who needs a boyfriend when you can take grainy iPhone selfies with the bottle of Pinot Grigio that just became your date for the evening?

As a disclaimer, this guy also offered to reschedule to Saturday - sooo I think that means we're still in love?

Good news is that tonight I'm supposed to be going on my rescheduled date with my Tuesday cancellation. We're meeting in the center of Davis Square and then picking a place to grab a drink after that.

Though I haven't heard from him since what we'll call "Incident #3" so I'm at a 34% confidence level that he'll show. There's a reaaallll chance I end up standing alone in the rain in the center of Davis Square, at which point I may just give up and lie down there for awhile. If  you happen to be in the area at the time don't be concerned, it's all part of the healing process.

Fingers crossed frands!

No comments:

Post a Comment