Monday, July 30, 2012

Take me to foggy Londontown


After what seemed like months of the media chatting it up and toying with our hearts the Olympics are finally here! The summer Olympics have always been my favorite mostly because of the sport closest to my heart…gymnastics.

Growing up in a gym since the age of 5 will do that to a girl and since the pact I made with my partner in crime to go to the Olympics together didn’t quite pan out I’ll have to settle for watching them on my couch. 

Never fear though, due to my parents insisting that they’re house is not my personal storage unit I’ve recently brought all my old gymnastics gear to my apartment. While I don’t know what to do with my giant bag of leotards (with matching crushed velvet scrunchies…jealous?) I might try to subtly pretend that I’m still a gymnast and wear my old grips while sipping on some wine and reliving my glory days. If I close my eyes real tight it's almost like I'm there!


It's like looking into a sea of crushed velvet dreams.
The blue & sequins one is for when I'm feeling particularly sassy.

My prized possessions from back in the day.

Aly Raisman, Jordyn Wieber and Gabrielle Douglas - these girls are incredible!
Photo credit:


No comments:

Post a Comment