Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sweet Caroline! Bah bah bah! Good times never seemed so good!

My dad is a tricky guy to shop for so when Father's Day rolled around and I was told he wanted "nothing" I took matters into my own hands and got us some pretty killer front row seats at Fenway Park. I may be his only daughter but I think this qualifies me as his favorite daughter (right dad?). Last night it was finally time for our much needed night out!

The gorgeous day started to look a little cloudy and ominous but like the Massachusetts, born and bread Fenway faithful we are we got to the park, stealthily parked in my dad's top secret cheaper garage (I'd tell you where to find it but I'd have to kill you), and doubled back to get our umbrella's because we didn't think our optimism would be enough to keep the rain away.

Needless to say, we had an amazing night. Even though Beckett didn't successfully complete 3 innings (womp) I had a lot of fun with Papa Dukes in the summer rain! I'd also like to thank Fenway Franks and soft pretzels for making dreams come true and the Red Sox for pulling out another win!

A night of sitting in the rain, cheering, and chatting about life was just what we needed. I love having times like this with my dad and now I'm on a mission to hunt down more tickets so we can have another father-daughter adventure like last night.


Josh Beckett warming up before the game.
Need to make sure you stretch properly before you pitch almost 3 innings ;)

Selfy before the rain got us.

 
I told him to make a "We're wet!" face but he
just laughed at my weirdness :)

Everyone bailed when the tarp came out but
I'm already wet so we might as well stay!
 
I made dad take an "I'm already wet" picture too.
Thank goodness the man's an engineer and Macgyver'ed us a leg tent
so at least our legs stayed dry (because nothing in this world is worse then sitting in wet denim). 


No comments:

Post a Comment