Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Stranger Danger

My walks home from work are usually uneventful and filled with phone calls to my parents or singing along a little to loudly with my earbuds. But tonight the world decided to throw me a curve ball and thank me for all the crime dramas I marathon.

Because tonight I avoided a possible abduction! Orrrr a man was just creepily yelling at me from his van.

Either way, here's how it went down: a man in a black paneled van pulled up...

Paneled vans are always a warning sign

And started yelling "Hey! You don't have to walk if you don't want to! I'll drive you!"

To which I responded with my usual nervous laughter and continued walking.

"Come on! I'm rich!"

Nope. Noooo thank you sir. All signs are pointing to that being a bold faced lie and I just want to get to my couch.

And to my couch I ran and immediately started typing up this harrowing tale.

At the end of it all was there ever any real danger of an abduction? Probably not.  But was it super creepy and something I'm going to tell everyone I come into contact with? Abso-freaking-lutely. 

Most importantly, it validated my fascination with crime dramas because I've seen this episode of Criminal Minds my friend and I know how to ward you off. 

And that's my "I-haven't-blogged-in-awhile-cus-my-new-job's-intense" story. 

Happy Humpday!

No comments:

Post a Comment