Monday, November 12, 2012

Wait...Next Week's Thanksgiving??

My fancy, snow free garage! I think I'm in love...
And he plows the driveway - win!
Last week I let my fear of snow get the best of me during the Nor'easter which may or may not have ended with me purchasing two winter coats, new gloves, and splurging on a garage spot for my car this winter.

What's up fear induced spending!

Now that it's forecasted to be up to 67o today I feel rather silly butttt I'm pretty sure I'll be pleased to pieces when I don't have to dig my car out every morning in January. (muahaha all you suckers with shovels, you may have saved money but I'm not crying over my snow covered car)

Also, you may have already heard the rumors but apparently Thanksgiving is next week...what??

I feel so underprepared for the holidays this year and I'm mildly stressed about their arrival. I need to get into the Thanksgiving spirit people! And what better way than perusing the Food Network website for inspiration? Maybe I'll try and impress my mom this year and bake a dessert!

Here are the recipes that seem to have the perfect ratio of not too intimidating/look amazingly delicious:

Paula's Pumpkin Cheesecake

Paula's Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars with Streusel Topping
(sans Pecans - those things are my nut allergy's worst nightmare!)

Barefoot Contessa's French Apple Tart

No comments:

Post a Comment