Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The best laid plans...

Over the weekend I found out we had scored some sweet tickets to see a pre-screening of the new Mark Wahlberg movie Broken City last night. As a Boston girl I'm on board with all things Wahlberg and through some Googling I found out he was going to be in town for the movie!!

Imagine me standing next to him there!*
What?!?! My mind was blown with excitement. I was already plotting where to hang my picture with Marky Mark!

But as it turns out kids, we learned some lessons last night:

1. Read all information on tickets and emails.
2. Let me double check information even if you claim to have read it.
3. Be incredibly early for pre-screenings.
4. Learn how to Google better.

Apparently, there was more than one pre-screening of the movie happening in the fine state of Massachusetts last night and there would be no Wahlberg at ours. Major womp.

Sad? Yes, but still would be fun to see the movie early. Had we walked to the correct theater. (They really should write these things in bigger font...oh it's bold and 34 pt? We're dumb.) After a panicked cab ride we finally arrived at the correct theater with a few minutes to spare...success!

Don't get too excited for us, they overbooked the showing and it was on a first come first serve basis and we were not first come.

"They should really put things like that on the tickets!! I'm writing them an email this is crazy!! Rooaarrr! Angry! Angry!...Oh wait what does it say at the bottom there? Come early, we overbooked, and it's first come first serve?"

Basically it wasn't our finest moment in planning an evening out.

But never fear I always have a backup plan!

Yard House is conveniently located right across the street from our failed outing and there's not much a half yard and a parade of delicious appetizers can't fix.



Till next time Marky Mark!



*Photo Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Wahlberg

No comments:

Post a Comment