Monday, September 30, 2013

Rock 'n' Roll


Yesterday was the big day and we survived!

Elise and I ran our first half marathon and absolutely killed it. We stayed together throughout the whole race and kept a solid 10 min/mile pace - finishing in 2:16. Not too shabby if you ask me.

It surprisingly wasn't nearly as painful as I had feared (though I think adrenaline carried me through a lot of it) and I even found myself saying "I'd do this again" at the end. We were in such high spirits still at mile 7.5 that we were taking pictures of each other and the fog on the river.

All in all, we're feeling pretty gosh darn good about ourselves I must say :)

WaterFire the night before
The start line
Oh hey Elise, how you liking mile 7?
We did it!!
Free beer! Michelob Ultra is the beer of runners I guess
Atlas Genius - the live bands every mile wer pretty fun



No comments:

Post a Comment