Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fenway Franks are the Key to My Heart

Last night I was lucky enough to snag some Red Sox vs. Yankees tickets behind home plate thanks to my lovely Papa Dukes. And who am I to say no to some pretty sweet free tickets? (even if baseball isn't really the Sox's sport this season)

I always love going to baseball games, the atmosphere and comradery inside the parks is one of my favorite things ever!

I also find that it's fun to turn the evening into an eating and drinking marathon. The trick, my friends, is to pace yourselves. My favorite stadium staples are:

- Personal Papa Gino's Pizzas (the box then doubles as a "K" sign - more bang for your buck kids!)
- Fenway Franks (if you don't get one of these at Fenway you're not a real person)
- soft pretzels (does anything go better with overpriced beer than a giant soft pretzel??)

Then on your way out its almost mandatory to get a sausage from street vendors to congratulate yourself for a job well done and to delay fighting the mob trying to get back on the T.

So, even though the Sox put up a valiant fight lost to the Evil Empire last night it will always be a fun night out for coaching from the stands and consuming as many calories as humanly possible. Can't wait for hockey season to start to work on the Garden's delicious food staples!


Sitting behind home plate qualifies you to coach from the stands.


My overexcited attempt to photograph Bobby V yelling at an ump.
(blurry pics are how you get recognized as a serious photographer)

Joe the Sausage Guy was ready and waiting for my post game treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment