Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mama Duck and Ducklings - Life Lately


A Mama Duck and her ducklings have taken up residency in the courtyard at work and it's probably the best thing that'll happen this week. Look at those cuties! I keep trying to find excuses to walk by the windows to see if I can find them because they melt my heart!

In other news...

I'm a day late for a weekend recap but I can't resist. This weekend I was blessed with some fabulous and supportive new friends. The beau's group of friends have taken me into their circle in his absence and I couldn't be happier.

They're such a fun group who are always down for good food and drinks - we're basically soul mates. I was inaugurated with a "BBQ" aka an incredible meal of steak, lobster, sausage, and salads. The night then proceeded with a night out at some of my favorite places where I met even more people and at one point there was even a "friend" chant - these people are the bomb. The next night I was invited out again for more drinking debauchery, ending with late night falafel. Heaven!

It was basically weekend perfection and even though I miss the beau terribly, weekends apart won't be unbearable with new friends and, of course, my beloved circle of roomies and lovely ladies. The two groups must collide as one to make an unstoppable group me thinks.

I wish I had pictures of the incredible BBQ but I was too shy to whip out my camera in front of the new crowd to document my food (awkward, I know). Though I did quickly document my lazy Sunday as I was recovering from half marathon training (it seems to be getting worse - my calves are now rejecting me) and also a quick snapshot of baby brother going to prom. When did he get so old??


The dinner of champions...my meals really went downhill after the BBQ (not pictured: pint of frozen yogurt - this is how all half marathoners to be train I'm pretty sure)

No comments:

Post a Comment