Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend


Kicking back on the roof deck

This past Memorial Day Weekend I was both dreading and excited for. I had four days to relax but I'm the type of person who's not an all star at having too much free time. What do I do with myself?? I get so antsy!

All of the roomies were away for the weekend (as were most of my people) which meant I had our six bedroom, two floor apartment to myself and I found myself floating all over the place. At one point I even succeeded in creating a fort with my beanbag chair for optimal Magic Mike viewing...boom.

Unfortunately I let my anxiety get to me and started the weekend out kind of bummed. I wasn't able to visit the beau due to a series of events that ruined original plans and it was supposed to rain everyday but Monday....llllaaaammmeeee. So I decided the only option for my rainy Friday night alone was Chinese food, copious amounts of wine, and an impulse Amazon.com purchase (which the roomies strongly judged me on upon it's arrival yesterday and I think are nervous to leave me alone for extended periods again).


It's a pillow that looks like a birch log! What's not to love you guys?

The rest of the weekend was spent visiting the fam, making a wine-induced "this is a great idea!" Etsy shop, Netflix marathon-ing, puppy visiting, shopping date with my favorite enabler, my first ever 5 mile run (I know, I was surprised this happened too), and some roof deck lounging when the weather finally turned around Monday.


This handsome guy was my date one night. His name is Henry and we're in love.

All in all a not too shabby weekend in hindsight! Though to be honest I can't wait till I get a NYC visit in because I had big plans for a NYC summer and I refuse to let them go.

Happy short work week everyone!



* Question for any website savvy friends: Lately when I try and post pictures that are portrait they get distorted...anyone know how to fix this?? You just can't capture Henry in all his cute glory when he's squished like that Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment