Thursday, May 9, 2013

"Umm...why are you all dressed the same?"



The only thing my mom wanted for Mother's Day this year was a family portrait. And who are we to let down our mother? Despite the fact that we got asked why we were so matchy-matchy more than once while out to dinner post our family portrait session. And Papa Dukes was always ready with the classic "We're in a band!" response - just feel free to pass that whole bottle of wine my way you guys.

My mom's friend, Traci McCabe, took really beautiful pictures and is an extremely talented photographer. We had a beautiful day to be outside and my brother really got everyone in the spirit by trying to photo bomb everyone at every opportunity and calling himself "Mr. GQ". I could even get on board with some of the more cliche family portrait poses because who doesn't love a little cheese in their lives? If I had to pick one thing that I didn't love it was the matching factor.

I've long had a strict policy against it and have fought it in family pictures for years. I even tried to talk people into the "same color palette but different actual shirts" route but in the name of Mother's Day I eventually gave in.

I do really love a lot of the pictures and I'm happy to have some nice pictures with my brothers (since we rarely get us all in the same place at once anymore). And in the end, the most important thing is that these pictures make my mom supremely happy and she loves them and that's all that really matters (and I was able to make an emoticon of myself from one of them for my work friends to enjoy).

So without further adieu I present to you...matching family portrait day!!

 
And if you live in Massachusetts and need a photographer I HIGHLY recommend Traci. She's incredible and the sweetest person you'll ever meet. She offers a lot of services so check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment