Thursday, October 10, 2013

So you think you're fancy...


I have somehow managed to wander my way onto a DAR email list.

What is DAR? Excellent question. Google tells me that it's none other than the prestigious Daughters of the American Revolution.

I don't know much about this organization but the emails I've received so far indicate that it involves wearing a fancy pin and several meetups at bars and restaurants. Alright DAR, you have my attention...

Now I'm just curious as to how my name got onto such a list, especially since it's for the NY Chapter. Did I inadvertently sign up after one too many glasses of wine on one of my NYC weekends? Wouldn't put it past me.

I can only assume that the world has finally heard my wishes for someone to throw me a giant party to introduce me to society like a real lady. My imagination has designed the aforementioned party as follows:

Attire: Nothing says "welcome to society" like a $500 gown
Venue: A ballroom is a must for any fine young woman
Food: These sorts of events always seem very similar to weddings to me so Konditor Meister cake I shall have!

This may look like I have spent too much time and energy thinking about what my apparent "membership" means (not an unfair observation) but it's been a slow week.

Soooo who wants to come to my nonexistent party??



No comments:

Post a Comment