Monday, July 8, 2013

I Heart New York

After seven long weeks (but who's counting, right?) of separation for the beau and I, I finally got to visit this gorgeous 4th of July weekend!!! And that made for one very happy girl.

I jumped on the earliest and fastest train I could find and by noon we were reunited and back on the subway to his latest apartment in Brooklyn. His apartment is perfect with two floors, central air (a godsend this weekend), lots of space to hang out in, access to a roof deck, and even a cute little backyard!

I love a good roof deck and this one may just one up mine.
We spent Friday wandering around his neighborhood and found a great roof deck bar to relax at for a couple hours and then ventured out to Manhattan for a night of drinks and late night pizza. I was in heaven.



Saturday we did some touristy things, I got my first ever NY bagel and we walked down to the river to hang out for awhile. Then we took a water taxi down to DUMBO where we found a back patio that we though would be nice to cool off at with beer and guacamole. As it turns out, even sitting still in the shade when it's 95⁰ and humid is still too hot. But no complaints here, it could've been 120⁰ and I would've still been all smiles.


I even got to see the How About We office in DUMBO and took a picture because it's the scene of the crime and I'm a sap. Then we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and got some incredible views of the city.

The scene of the crime...aww so cute.

Then the man friend had to go off for a bit to meet with someone from school and I naturally found several adorable boutique shops right near his house and a great park where I creepily puppy-watched/pretended to read my book. That night we found a speakeasy-esque bar in his neighborhood that was right up our alley full of fun drinks, incredible food, and super friendly bartenders. We then had grand plans of going back to eat some of our leftover pizza and then head back out for another drink because New York stays open later than 2 AM (hint hint Boston) but we passed out watching the Colbert Report because we're old and being in the heat all day exhausted us.

Basically I'm in love with New York and in love with this past weekend. I was so bummed to have to head home and I can not wait to get down there for another weekend. I've never wanted to be independently wealthy more so I could spend the rest of the summer down there (I'm now accepting donations: cash or check acceptable...wink!)

Can't wait to see you again soon Williamsburg! Oh and this stud too...


No comments:

Post a Comment